5 ways to spice up your salads!
Starting into 2022, we all have our New Year’s resolutions set out and ready to be accomplished, but unfortunately most of the time these goals will be long forgotten a few months into the year. Especially eating a healthy diet can quickly change back into old patterns when our busy work schedules catch up. We are here to tell you that healthy eating does not have to be complicated… Let’s be honest, what is better than a satisfying and delicious salad? Leaving you feeling nourished, satisfied, and not overfilled. Sadly, many people still think of salads as bland and boring…To prove them wrong, here are 5 ways how you can make your salads interesting and satisfying!
Try out these awesome ways to spice up your salads, making healthy eating more effortless in 2022!
With these little tweaks, your salads will never get boring again!🥬
- Use different textures. Add eggs, beans, croutons, nuts, and seeds to give your salads a nice twist with Carb Smart Sauces
- Spiralize your veggies. I love doing this! Especially with carrots, cucumbers, or zucchini (baby marrow). It makes your salad even prettier too.
- Add protein to your salads. The fact is a simple salad containing only lettuce will hardly satisfy your hunger. This will make you more likely to grab the chips or the chocolate after finishing your meal. Add chicken breast, smoked salmon, shrimps, bacon, hummus, or legumes to your salads to make it a complete meal.
- Don’t fear the fat! Our body converts fat into energy and keeps our brain healthy, we absolutely need it to survive! Use high-quality olive oil in your dressing, add avocado, toasted nuts, and seeds to your salad! Yuuuuum!
- Use a mix of lettuce and greens that you love! Our favourites are romaine and butter lettuce. A great addition is adding baby spinach and wilted kale to your salads for a serious vitamin explosion!
We hope these 5 tips have inspired you to try some delicious salad combinations this year!
As an added bonus, here are our favourite Salads from the Food Lover’s Recipe section:
- Spring Salad with Salmon & Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Spicy Tuna Lettuce Cups
- Quinoa Summer Salad
- Asian Pork Salad
- Watermelon, Feta & Dill Salad