Ultimate Immune Boosting Shot
This immune booster shot has a combination of all the right ingredients to keep your immune system strong during the coming winter. Apple cider vinegar may lower blood pressure while honey and lemon aids in detoxification.
- Ginger Can Treat Many Forms of Nausea and is an anti-inflammatory.
- Turmeric is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Consume it with black pepper, which contains piperine. Piperine is a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin.
- Oranges & lemons are juicy, and packed with Vitamin C and add a healthy sweet & sour flavour to the shot.
Ultimate Immune Shot
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1-2cm fresh ginger
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) honey
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) water
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly-ground black pepper
- Mince the garlic and ginger and set aside for about 8-10 minutes. This gives the enzymes a chance to form and ensures maximum health benefits.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and place on a low heat. Allow to just heat through – do not let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and drink while still warm.
- Make some ahead of time and store in the fridge for 2-3 days, then just warm the shot as needed.
OTHER IMMUNE BOOSTER OPTIONS:
You can make an immune-boosting shot with many different flavours, here are a few other options to try:
- Ginger, Lemon, & Orange
- Ginger, Lemon, Orange & Cayenne Pepper
- Ginger, Lemon, Grapefruit, Turmeric, Black Pepper & Honey
If you’d like a warmer immune booster, try this homemade health tea.
If you love this, then you should also try a Super C Smoothie!