Smoky Butternut Hummus
Step up your hummus game with this flavour-packed butternut hummus! Roasted butternut adds wonders to a hummus, plus it’s a simple way to impress your guests with a simple, creamy and smooth dip. This is a healthy dip, and is great served with crisp pita chips, flatbread, or fresh slices of carrots or cucumber.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time40 minutes
- 1 large butternut, peeled and diced
- 60ml (4 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Signature Olive oil
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained 1 garlic clove
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) tahini paste
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) smoked paprika
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. (Or airfryer to 180°C)
- Toss the diced butternut with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper oil and arrange it in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes. (*or in airfryer for 30 minutes, until butternut if soft.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once the butternut has cooled, add it and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve with toasted pita breads.
Serve with toasted pita or homemade falafel.