Roasted Pork Neck with Cherry Tomatoes and Port
Sweet Asian flavours and spices, transform this pork neck to a prime roast. Baked to tender and crispy in the oven, it can be served hot or cold.
Prep Time30 minutes
Cooking Time2 hours 40 minutes
- 1.5kg pork neck roast
- 50g fresh ginger, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup port
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 small punnets fresh cherry tomatoes (500g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the fresh ginger, garlic, halved chilli, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, port and rosemary leaves into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer, over a moderate heat.
- Allow the sauce to reduce slightly for 5 mins, then remove from the heat.
- Place the pork neck roast into a baking tray and pour the sauce over it.
- Cover loosely with tin foil and place it in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow to cook for about 2hrs, then remove it from the oven.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes in the olive oil, season with freshly ground salt and pepper and place them around the roast.
- Increase the heat to 200° C, then place the roast back in the oven and allow to roast for a further 30 mins, uncovered, until the top has browned and the tomatoes are soft and juicy.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover loosely with the tin foil and allow to rest for about 15 mins, then serve sliced with the roasted tomatoes and drizzled with the pan juices.
Look no further for your Sunday lunch recipe and treat the family with this mouthwatering pork neck roast! Serve with a creamy garlic mash and fresh greens,.