Red Onion and Tomato Relish
Add to your braai meat, boerewors or stokbrood. Quick and affordable relish to add a sweet sour note and cut through the meat, adding perfect balance to simple braai foods.
- African Flavours
- Sauces & Dips
- Side Dish
- South African
Cooking Time55 minutes
- Olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped and peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) dark brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- Heat a pot over medium heat with olive oil and fry the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Reduce the temperature to very low heat and simmer for another 40 minutes.
- Season to taste
To enjoy a full braai spread from boerewors to bread, enjoy more braai recipes on our website.
From Tjop to dop, take a look at our range of beverages, available at Market Liquors and within selected Food Lover’s Market Stores.