Ploughman’s Lunch Platter
“This style of dining reminds me of the carefree days of the European food markets of old – from picking out exactly what you’re in the mood for, to having a picnic on a park bench with spectacular views.”
This is the perfect lunch or snack platter when you are pressed for time and don’t have a spare moment to bake your own bread.
For the Sundried Tomato & Mustard Dip
- 125ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the platter:
- 8 slices ciabatta loaf
- 8 slices 60% rye bread
- 8 slices German Landtbrood
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pitted green olives, drained
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Food Lover’s Basil Pesto
- 60ml (1/4 cup) marinated red and yellow bell peppers, drained
- 250ml (1 cup) strawberries and blueberries
- 1 round camembert cheese
- 1-2 marinated green figs, drained and sliced
- 1 round brie cheese
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Food Lover’s Mild Pickled Onions
- Mix all the dip ingredients in a bowl.
- The amazing thing about this style of eating is that there is no right or wrong way to do it.
- Just arrange all ingredients on a serving platter and enjoy!
- Can I make a ploughman’s platter for a banter?
- Yes! Get our HEBA Low-Carb banting bread from our Food Lover’s bakery (order in advance), and pair it with banting approved cheeses, dips, deli meats etc.
- What if I am Gluten-Free?
- Get our Gluten-free bread from our bakery, and pair with gluten-free dips, cheeses etc.