Overnight Oats – Bulk Mix
Saving time and money is our current top priority. Overnight oats are an easy way to do so. Prepare your overnight oat dry mix once and enjoy an easy breakfast in the morning with no hassle. Having the oats ready to eat each morning, should also help you from dashing off, and then grabbing something more pricey and less healthy on the road.
How do you use this mix? You can simply take ½ to 1 cup of the dry mix, and then add the flavour additions you feel like that day with your liquid of choice. See the method below “To make the overnight oats”.
For the Plain Dry Oat Mix:
- 500ml (2 cups) Raw Rolled Whole Oats (or oats of choice, not instant oats).
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) Flax/Linseeds
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Additional Flavour OPTIONS to add when making the Overnight Oats
- 2 Tbsp desiccated Coconut
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) Cacao nibs
- ¼ Cup Cocoa, ¼ tsp cinnamon + 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar or Honey
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Chopped Dates, Cranberries, Goji Berries (*optional)
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter + 1 Banana (sliced or mashed)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Almonds & 1 Tbsp Goji Berries or Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Fresh or Frozen Berries
- Pina Colada: 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut + ¼ Cup Chopped Pineapple
- Carrot Cake: ¼ cup shredded carrots, 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, 1 tablespoon raisins, ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Apple Pie: ¼ Cup diced apples, ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate Chip Cookie: ¼ Cup finely chopped dark chocolate, ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract, 1 Tbsp pea protein powder
To make the overnight oats:
- 1/2 Cup of Overnight Oat Dry Mix
- 1 Cup Liquid of Choice (plant-based milk, milk or water)
- Flavour options of choice
For the Dry Mix:
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight 2L glass jar. Mix well and use as needed.
- Place the dry oat mix, liquid and flavours of choice in a glass jar or Tuppaware. Mix until combined.
- Cover the glass container with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir it up before eating, and enjoy. If it is too thick, you can add a little more milk or water, if desired.
To make the overnight oats
Overnight Oat Tips:
Remember you can add or remove some ingredients to suit your likes and what you have at home. You could add nuts, goji berries, or protein powder, or even milk powder.
- Are overnight oats healthy?
Yes, most overnight oats use more rolled, raw oats which are less processed than the instant oat variety. It is said the slow cooking process retains more nutrients than boiling oats. If you are gluten-free, simply use gluten-free oats. You can read more here: https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/overnight-soaked-oats-versus-regular-bowl-of-oats-whats-the-difference-2221175
- How long should I soak overnight oats?
The best thing is you don’t have to cook overnight oats! They need to soak for at least 2 hours, but we highlit recommend soaking them overnight…they will be creamier and delicious.
- Why add seeds:
Chia and flax seeds absorb moisture to make the final product more creamy and thick. These seeds contain healthy omega-3 and, like oats, they will also add fibre and protein to your breakfast.
- What is the right amount of liquid to add to overnight oats? Stick 2:1 ratio of liquod to dry mix. (ie: 1 cup liquid to 1/2 cup dry oats).