Avoiding carbs but still want the pleasure of tucking into a plate of ‘pasta’? This courgette pappardelle recipe is the answer. All you need it the fattest courgettes you can lay your hands on plus a veggie peeler to create wide ribbons of courgette pappardelle in seconds! A generous shake of our new Steam Veggie Seasoning, a few peas, feta and mint for freshness and you have yourself a plate of ‘pasta’ with all the joy and none of the guilt!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time10 minutes
- 10 Extra Large Courgettes (Zucchini, Baby Marrow)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large clove of garlic, peeled
- half a cup of fresh or frozen peas
- Cape Herb & Spice Steam Veggie Seasoning
- Juice of half a lemon
- A wheel of soft, creamy Danish-style feta
- A deseeded red chilli, finely sliced
- A handful of small mint leaves
- Edible flowers and pea shoots, for decorating
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the courgettes into long, wide ribbons. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to a non-stick pan and gently fry the clove of garlic for four minutes to impart a subtle garlic flavour to the oil.
- Remove the garlic. Turn up the heat and add the courgette ribbons and peas to the pan. Toss courgettes a few times as they fry or gently stir them, taking care not to break them up.
- Season them with a few generous shakes of our Steam Veggie Seasoning and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Plate up and crumble over feta, scatter over chilli and mint leaves. Tuck in!