Butternut, Caramelised Onion and Biltong Tortilla Pizza Bianco
Craving a mid-week cheat day? Get your veggies, carbs, proteins and fats in this Pizza Bianca using a tortilla for a pizza base, with cream cheese, biltong, butternut and feta. You’re welcome.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 30g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) brown sugar
- 6 flour tortilla wraps
- 200g cream cheese
- 200g leftover roasted butternut
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g sliced biltong
- 30g micro herbs, to garnish
- Dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large frying pan with the butter and a dash of olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry the onions for about 10 minutes, then add the brown sugar and turn the heat to a low temperature.
- Let the onions cook slowly for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Divide and spread the cream cheese on the wraps.
- op with roasted butternut and cherry tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with a dash of olive oil.
- Garnish with biltong and micro herbs and serve with your favourite wine as a quick and effortless mid-week dinner.
Choose the tortilla you desire – find a banting-friendly tortilla or a gluten-free tortilla, whole-wheat etc.
Change up the toppings to suit your lifestyle choices.