Braai Mielies with Chilli and Herb Butter
Chargrilled on the outside, sweet on the inside and smeared in flavoursome butter. Nothing beats a flame-grilled Mielie on the braai!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
- 8 corn on the cob
- Olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- Drizzle the corn with some olive oil and braai over medium coals for about 10-12 minutes, turning regularly.
- Combine the butter, chillies, parsley and lemon zest and juice.
- Season to taste and mix well.
- Place the flavoured butter on a piece of cling wrap and roll into a cylinder shape and place in the fridge to set.
- Slice into ½ cm slices and place on warm mielies right before serving.
To enjoy a full braai spread from boerewors to bread, take a look at these delicious recipes on our website.
From Tjop to dop, take a look at our range of beverages, available at Market Liquors and within selected Food Lover’s Market Stores.