Apple, Peanut Butter and Yoghurt Cake
Makes a 30cm cake.
Peanut butter, apple, and yoghurt…you can’t go wrong with that combination! We made them into a beautiful apple upside-down cake, that makes for quite an Autumn showstopper.
although you can get apples all year round, it’s in full swing now (in Autumn), so why not pop them in a cake?! A little something different to that apple crumble.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time40 minutes
- 125 g butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) double thick yoghurt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla paste or extract
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Food Lover’s Market Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) self-rising flour
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Top Red apples
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) castor sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 30cm cake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and peanut butter and beat for about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Cut the apples in half and remove the cores. Cut the apple in thin slices and mix with the castor sugar. Arrange the apples on the cake and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until cooked.